Sunday, February 19, 2017

TToT: The Garden Gate

Flashback one year...



Last weekend my daughter, Le Professeur, planned to host an open house at her new condo in Durham, North Carolina.  Instead, she was housebound by ice and snow all weekend.  Sending good thoughts for a warming trend her way with these shots taken last summer at the garden on the campus of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.



I have been so thankful for light this week.  The days feel longer and spring feels closer.  I gathered potting soil, peat pots, seeds, and all my supplies.  Any day now  I will get some seedlings going.



I finally parted ways with my Odyssey van after eleven years and 185,000 miles.  Having a new car is fun, though it requires greater computer skills than I currently possess.  Still, I was sad to part with the old van.  I am thankful it was so reliable–it kept us safe, it delayed us from adding to a landfill by running year after year, it kept us from having car payments for a nice long time.



A wonderful counselor at one of our high schools died unexpectedly. So, I transported some of my former students to the funeral.  It was a joy to spend time with these kids, and to witness how they have grown up.  A reminder once again of how lucky I am to have a job that allows me to walk along-side so many terrific young people.  A career in education may not make a person rich monetarily, but the perks are fantastic.



2 comments:

  1. Love that tunnel shot - so cool!
    Just making sure you know we have a new home for the TToT - I know you write these, but didn't see you link up in the new place. http://tenthingsofthankful.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa. I had missed this news. Glad to know.

      Delete

Penny for your thoughts.