Saturday, December 3, 2016

Snow Day

Several years ago I participated in a Christmas themed writing group: 'Twas the Write Before Christmas.  Dusting off those posts to share again this year.



The week before Christmas.  The pace has been frantic with places to go and lists to cross off.

Overnight a special holiday gift arrived.  The city is wrapped in sparkling white.

I stand at the window admiring the promise of something fresh and new as the radio announcer says the two words people all over town are hoping to hear, "Snow day".

I sigh and release tension I hadn't realized I was holding onto.  My focus narrows as my mind moves inward.

Today is for home, for family, for me.  Tomorrow the rush of the season and its obligations will resume; but today I have a snow day.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts.