Friday, June 15, 2018

Certainty and Reaffirmation



Settled in contented bliss,  I wouldn't have changed a thing.
Suddenly all I have known and carefully built was challenged from without.  The temptation to challenge in return, finding fault with my nemesis was compelling.  Yet aware my defensiveness could rob me of growth, I blocked my mind from slamming closed.  I struggled to convince myself that if only I looked more deeply, investigating the depths of my own heart, I might discover opportunity in place of threat.  This unbidden exercise in self-reflection has been arduous, but in the end I have found certainty and reaffirmation of all that is good in my world.





11 comments:

  1. Introspection; the most valuable investigation. Good Six!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey good to see you here at Six City*
    A laudable Six with the added benefit of offer an valuable insight in to the affairs of the mind and reality.

    * not an official, un-official name and, from a quick look, one somewhat fraught with mis-something risk, but welcome nevertheless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture you have used made me think, if introspection goes up, down or within?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm...good question. I chose it because of my introspection leading me to reaffirm the importance of home to me, but the situation has certainly had its ups and downs along the way!

      Delete
  4. This is such a sterling SSS! Hard earned wisdom, but so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my youth I think I was too easily swayed from protecting what I valued. Upon closer inspection of what really matters in life, I think I am less apt to be moved these days.

      Delete
  5. Good to see you May :) Wonderful Six.
    Funny how doubt can appear sometimes out of the blue to challenge us. The strength is finding the "opportunity in place of threat", in the confidence of self. I find the older I get the better I resist the indulgence in doubt, walking in the shadow of self-recrimination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, though for me it might not be age so much as experience learned through error!

      Delete
  6. Great story of how one grows through confrontation. Sinking to his (or her) level would have kept that growth from happening. Well written!

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts.