Sunday, August 5, 2018

You Drown by Staying

edwin louis cole


I found this handmade card at an annual art fair this summer.  The words came at what must have been the precise moment I needed to hear them.  The message grabbed hold of my heart and has not let go. The artist's doodles appear like ripples reminding me that each life decision we make effects all those that come after.  This is a heavy message, but it comes with a reminder of hope.  When we are in too deep--when we are in over our head--we don't have to stay there; and in choosing not to stay, we choose to live.  


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful sentiment, May! Not heavy at all, at least to me. I firmly believe that when something like this reaches out, it was definitely meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. And this one was definitely meant for me. The artist came and tucked it into the display as I was looking through the choices. It spoke to my heart so well it made me cry a little. A bit of wisdom I wish I could pass along.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for passing this along. Just what I needed to see at 2:38 in the morning, struggling with insomnia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both, Rita. It is wearing me out too.

      Delete

Penny for your thoughts.